Terms and Conditions for Exhibiting at RTX Sydney
By applying for exhibitor/vendor/ alley space at RTX Sydney, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as specified below, and any other restrictions or Guidelines as deemed necessary by RTX Sydney, Supanova Pop Culture Industries, Hanabee Entertainment; their agents, underwriters, Venue Contract Managers or other relevant stakeholders.
- RTX Sydney reserves the right to final approval of every display, and the ability to take any course of action it deems necessary to rectify a situation that may impact upon the convention negatively, including expulsion of any Exhibitor from RTX Sydney, who does not comply with the stated requests. No compensation for loss of monies will be accepted for failing to obey instructions resulting in expulsion from RTX Sydney and its representatives.
- Any Exhibitor that fails to occupy their space for whatever reason will forfeit their money. There are no refunds or transfers available once RTX Sydney has received payment and the digital registration form.
- Displays must stay within the confines of the space allocated, must not impede aisles and walkways, or block exits. This includes cabinets, shelving, display cases, tables, stock containers, stages and equipment.
- No sale or spruiking can occur outside the boundaries of your booth (including outside the venue, or in aisles, seminar rooms or thoroughfares) without prior approval.
- All tables must have table covers, recommended to be the approximate length to reach the floor in front of your booth. Table cloths are NOT supplied as part of registration – these can be ordered from the Expo Supplier, or exhibitors may provide these themselves. Please bring them and some extra sheets to cover your stock overnight if required.
- The official closing time of RTX Sydney is 1800 (6pm) on the Sunday of the event. No dismantling of displays is permitted until the site is cleared of visitors and RTX Sydney makes the appropriate announcement. This is to ensure the safety of the general public still occupying the space.
- RTX Sydney cannot guarantee access for vehicles within the venue in order to unload or pack your items, nor the availability of pallet trolleys or forklifts. Please ensure that your stock can be moved by hand or bring an appropriate trolley.
- You must make arrangements with RTX Sydney Operations prior to the expo for the movement of larger items, crates and pallets.
- Sale or giveaway of stickers or other adhesive items, or inflated balloons of any type, are prohibited in all RTX Sydney venues. Any damage caused by an Exhibitor or their Staff, or by items affixed to or strapped in the venue, doors, glass, floors etc will create a removal, cleaning and/or resurfacing cost charged to the exhibitor.
- Sale or sampling of any food or beverage items – whether packaged or fresh – is not allowed without written permission from the Event Organiser and Venue. This includes but is not limited to candy or sweets, canned drinks, hot or baked goods. RTX Sydney reserves the right to confiscate any consumable items not removed by exhibitors. Approved food and drink Items must list Ingredients on their packaging or will be banned from sale or sample.
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to enter the hall from bump in or break down time periods –Security Officers have instructions not to allow children under 16 years of age on site during these times.
- Registration from the following groups/parties are not accepted to the RTX Sydney:
- Political Parties or affiliates
- Smoking Groups or campaigners
- RTX Sydney is a drug free and alcohol restricted event. Persons that supply or consume alcohol outside of approved areas or times, or are in possession of illegal drugs, will be removed from the event and the authorities contacted, if required.
Safety and Risk:
- All Exhibitors, their suppliers, contractors, staff and assistants are classified as workers under State and Federal Acts and Regulations pertaining to Work Health and Safety. These state that all workers are to show due diligence in keeping their work area clean, safe and risk free, and to report all hazards, incidents or injuries to RTX Sydney Management.
- All workers are to show due diligence in keeping work areas clean, safe and risk free, and to report all hazards, incidents or injuries to RTX Sydney Management. More information about common risks and hazards will be available in the Exhibitor Manual.
- Reading and acceptance of RTX Sydney's 'Health and Safety Policy' shows that the Exhibitor understands their obligations under these Acts. RTX Sydney encourages all Exhibitors to develop their own in-house safety policies for their staff and volunteers.
Electricity and Power
- All portable equipment, appliances, chargers and lighting used at the RTX Sydney event site (I.e. anything that is plugged in to the venue power supply) must be tested and tagged in accordance with state Workplace Health and Safety Regulations and Australian Standard AS/~ 3760:2010.
- No international plugs or double adapters are permitted.
- More information can be found in the RTX Sydney Work Health and Safety Policy and Exhibitor Manual.
Public Liability Insurance
- All exhibitors, co-exhibitors, vendors, Alley occupants and contractors are required to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance. This refers to damage or injury caused to third parties/visitors on or in the vicinity of your exhibition stand or hired space, or by the fault of your products.
- This is delivered in the form of a "Certificate of Currency", the details of which must be supplied to RTX Sydney via this PORTAL. It is advisable for a copy to be held by the exhibitor throughout the duration of the show, including bump in/out times.
- Where applicable, copies of Workers Compensation and Professional Indemnity Insurance documents (including those of subcontractors) need to be available upon request.
- RTX Sydney cannot recommend an insurance policy suitable for your exhibitor booth or artist alley space. Please contact your insurance broker to enquire about the most appropriate cover for the event.
- NOTE: Public Liability Insurance does not cover theft of your products, or damage to your products or displays caused by third parties. Consult your broker for advice on other forms of business insurance that would cover those circumstances.
- Any non-Australian Public Liability Insurance must include Australia as a nominated country for the purpose of coverage, for the full duration of RTX Sydney. Other Trading, Taxation and Visa Laws may apply - For more information, refer to your broker or solicitor or visit www.ato.gov.au
Safety Vests and Closed Shoes:
- It is mandatory for all exhibitors and personnel to wear approved safety vests during bump in and bump out periods. Covered shoes must also be worn. Thongs, flats, sandals or heels are NOT acceptable footwear during these times.
- Those not wearing the appropriate attire will not be granted entry to the hall or the loading dock.
- If you do not have vests, you can pre-order them via the RTX Sydney Exhibitor registration Portal.
Delivery/Collection of goods:
- Neither RTX Sydney, nor the Event Venue will accept responsibility for the safety or security of any display or product item delivered to the site.
- It is very important that all items are clearly marked with your company name and contact details, stand name, collection and delivery details, and the name of your freight company.
- It is advisable to clearly mark the consignment number on the items to reduce confusion during collection, or to track goods in transit.
- Please note that all goods/property must be removed from the premises Sunday evening or have freight forwarding pick-up confirmations prior to midday, 12 noon, the relevant Monday morning.
Literature and Spruiking:
- The distribution of leaflets and other promotional materials is confined to the stand area and is not permitted in the hallways or elsewhere in the exhibition grounds.
- The Organisers reserve the right to prohibit the display or distribution of advertising matter that could give rise to offence and to confiscate the supplies thereof for the duration of the event.
- Pornography is strictly forbidden for sale or giveaway at RTX Sydney; so too are items that would be classified as illegal under any or all state or territory law within Australia, including but not limited to extreme restricted or explicit materials or those that contains paedophilia in any form.
- All other adult material must not be visibly displayed or within reach of any minors, and carry appropriate or comparative classification.
- The Sale and Display of weapons, replicas and props that have the potential to cause injury carry conditions and restrictions. Guidelines for the legal and acceptable trade of these items is available upon request.
Bootleg or Unlicensed Materials:
- No unlicensed products or reproductions of any kind can be sold to consumers without the express permission of copyright owners. This includes but is not limited to fan art, crafts, comics or literature, any digital media. All artwork and productions must be original.
- RTX Sydney enforces a zero tolerance for the ownership or sale of bootleg or pirated goods. Spot-Check Inspections of stock will be randomly conducted throughout the event.
- If any restricted, illegal or contraband materials are found, action will be taken to confiscate or remove these materials from the event. This may include the cessation of trading and/or expulsion from RTX Sydney.
- Please be aware that under these circumstances, you will not be eligible for any compensation as noted in point (1) of the General section of these Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility to bring and provide all relevant documentation, that prove your materials are not suspect, on the days of the event to be shown if required.
- Any visual displays (film, video, games or other multimedia) that are rated MA15+ or above, or the equivalent as determined by the National Classification Scheme, are required by law to be within a closed or monitored space and not to be seen by those who do not have the express desire to do so. Children under the age of the Classification specification must be accompanied by a guardian.
- Further information regarding your responsibilities as an exhibitor as well as appropriate order forms and additional show details will be made available in the RTX Sydney Exhibitor Manual, available prior to the event.
Advertising and use of RTX Sydney Logo:
- RTX Sydney can provide an electronic version of the RTX Sydney logo and website banner in *.jpg or *.eps format for inclusion in your advertising, promotional publications, magazine and e-News advertisements, or as a link from your website.
- The organisers must approve all uses of the RTX Sydney logo prior to publishing or broadcast of recorded material.
- Approval for the use of the logo is for the original request only, and does not grant blanket use of that logo. A list of its intended uses must be made clear up front.
- To obtain the high-resolution image please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To enquire about additional promotional use of the RTX Sydney Logo (such as creating or commissioning items to sell or give away), please contact email@example.com
- If you have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions pertaining to your contract as an exhibitor at RTX Sydney, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 8006 0569